12/07/2010

Quote of the Day

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryant


When I read this, it definitely left me thinking. So many times in our lives, whether child or adulthood, we are told that "whatever is destined to happen will happen". Or my personal favorite, "if it's meant to be it will be". So with that said, if I sit at home, eating and watching television, doing absolutely nothing productive whatsoever, does that mean that I will one day achieve great success? Does that mean that I will never ever have to go one single day working towards my dreams? *insert straight face* Ummm, probably not. So maybe, just maybe our destiny isn't just a matter of chance. The chance of anyone becoming world known fashion photographer, highly regarded women's' activist, award-winning songwriter, or New York Times best selling author, would not be a matter of chance. There is much work, time, and effort- sprinkled with an ounce of chance- that these things would possibly come into fruition.

So maybe, just maybe if we work diligently towards our goals, we will one day face our chance, which will hopefully open up the window to our destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK.NU