10/05/2010

Natural Hair Care Update & Upcoming Reviews



I've neglecting my hair these days. So I'm making a resolution to pick up where I left off, and to try to get back on track with trying out different products that may or may not work for my hair.

So far these are my staples:
Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner (co-wash)
Castile Soap mixed with Jojoba and EVOO (shampoo)
Kinky Curly Knot Today (leave-in conditioner, for wash in go's)
Giovanni Direct Leave-In (leave-in conditioner)
Kinky Curly Curling Custard (styling, for wash in go's)
Eco Styling Gel (styling)
Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise mixed with EVOO and honey (deep conditioner)
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner (co-wash or deep conditioner)
Shea butter and coconut oil mixture (2 strand twist out)
Miss Jessie's Buttercream (2 strand twists, twist outs, finger coils)

These are a few that haven't worked for me:
Jane Carter's Nourishing Shampoo
Organix Shea Butter Shampoo (works okay with the conditioner, but don't use too often)
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (may re-visit after my hair grows out a bit longer)
Mixed Chicks (YIKES! )

I've tried quite a few products, which is why I had to slow down for a minute. After reading a post over at Mane and Chic, I decided that I would pic a few of the treatments and deep conditioners from the list and try them out. I really need to work on keeping my fro moisturized, especially during the upcoming winter months. NO MORE WASH-IN-GO'S!!! Well, I'll just say that I will cut back on those. Not trying to be at home sick from trying to look cute. And a runny nose is NOT cute! *sorry for the visual*

Here are a few products I'm going to try and review:Garner Fructis 3 Minute Undo Treatment
Will post tomorrow.


Palmer's Coconut Oil Replenishing Conditioner
Will probably use this as a deep conditioner. Review coming soon.
Palmer's Deep Conditioning Protein Pack

Check back tomorrow for my review on the Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo Treatment!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK.NU